This is the recipe for an Imbolc inspired ritual Lavender, Lemon, Rosemary and Seed Cake
Make the most of the energies of the Lions Gate and Imbolc this weekend by baking your family and friends this cake filled with love, hope, and possibility 💛
* 1/2 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt (or sub plant based yogurt of choice such as almond or coconut yogurt)
* 2 eggs
* 1/3 cup honey
* zest from 2 lemons
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
* 1 cup oat or whole meal flour
* 1 cup packed blanched fine almond flour
* 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
* 1 tablespoon of caraway seeds
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
Lavender & Rosemary Glaze
* 1 tablespoon lavender buds ( this is a subtle amount, you can use more if you really like lavender)
* 3 sprigs of rosemary
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
* 1 cup of water
* Tablespoon of Lemon juice.
* Rind of lemon, lavender and Rosemary to decorate
The Ritual Baking 🕯
1. Open your space. Light a candle and take some deep calming breaths.
2. Perhaps play a mantra that helps to support the intentions, love and uplifting energies you which to infuse your cake with.
We suggest chant the Guru Ram Dass mantra for happiness or inner peace. Or the Ardas Bhaee mantra which creates the energy of miracles, healing and blessings.
3. Prepare all your ingredients and before you begin say a prayer of gratitude to Mother Earth and to the Divine Goddess for all you have in your life and for the abundance of food before you.
4. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
5. Grease and Line an 8 x 4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
6. In a large bowl, whisk mindfully and lovingly together the following ingredients until well combined: yogurt, eggs, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice and almond extract.
7. Add dry ingredients to the bowl: oat/wheat flour, almond flour, poppyseeds, caraway seeds, baking soda and salt;
Mix well with a wooden spoon in a figure 8 so that you can infuse the mixture with Prana and Infinite love and blessing.
As you stir if it feels right recite these words;
“Continuous motion, May all things flow, Circles of magic, Let the power grow, Elements mixing, Accept my plea, As I wish, So mote it be.”
8. Continue to stir until well combined and then pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
9. Bake for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 5 mins then remove and transfer to a wire rack; allow bread to cool completely before adding the glaze.
To make the glaze 🍋
1.Brew a pot of tea with the lavender and rosemary and leave to cool and infuse.
2.Drain the tea from the pot and add the icing sugar and lemon juice to create the right consistency. Add a few pieces of lavender or rosemary and the lemon zest.
3.Pour the glaze over the loaf and decorate as you wish. Each flower, seed or leaf can be a representation of the energies you are seeding and welcoming at this time.
When you have finished.
Tidy your space and seal your ritual with a prayer of gratitude, love, hope and blessings.
Blow out your candle.
Share this magical cake with friends and family.